Tabada, Ma. Theresa Angelina
Better known as Mayette Q. Tabada to colleagues, she writes an unsigned editorial on social issues published every Monday in SunStar Cebu. She has received industry awards for journalistic excellence for columns and editorials, including special reports written with the SunStar Cebu team. Prior to journalism and teaching, she worked in development communication. Mayette is an assistant professor teaching with the Communication Program of the College of Communication, Art, and Design (CCAD) at the University of the Philippines (U.P.) Cebu. She is writing her dissertation as a student in the Ph.D. in Media Studies program of the College of Mass Communication (CMC) at the U.P. Diliman. Her unpublished theses and published papers, as well as advocacy, explore the public sphere, media self-regulation, media historiography, and women as subaltern counterpublics. Mayette’s papers can be downloaded at plarideljournal.org, ResearchGate.net, Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) Encyclopedia of Philippine Art (EPA), and Humanities Diliman.
1. Tabada, M. T. A. Q. (2022). “Gendered space:” A study of newspaper opinion journalism as emergent and oppositional to the dominant culture in journalism . Plaridel, 19(1), 27-53. https://doi. org/10.52518/2022.19.1-01tbada
2. Tabada, M. T. A. Q. (2021). Discourses on conflict women: Surfacing the women in Marawi in news-mediated “development as discourse”. Plaridel, 18(1), 79-109. https://doi.org/10.52518/2021-04tabada
3. Tabada, M. (2020, November 18). Inday Nita Daluz. Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) Encyclopedia of Philippine Art (EPA). https://epa.culturalcenter.gov.ph/8/69/daluz-inday-nita/
4. Tabada, M. (2020, November 18). Ginny Vamenta. Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) Encyclopedia of Philippine Art (EPA). https://epa.culturalcenter.gov.ph/8/69/vamenta-ginny/
5. Tabada, M. T. A. Q. (January-June 2019). “Media self- regulation through media literacy: Insights from the Cebu Citizens-Press Council (CCPC)”. Plaridel Journal, 16/1, 103-140. https://www.plarideljournal.org/article/media-self-regulation-through-media-literacy-insights-from-the-cebu-citizens-press-council-ccpc/
6. Tabada, M. T. A. Q. (2019). “Days of Disquiet, Nights of Rage: The First Quarter Storm and Related Events by Jose F. Lacaba”. Humanities Diliman: A Philippine Journal of Humanities, 16: 1 (2019), 154-158.